Sunday, September 6, 2009

What's going on at Kunsan

I got to do two things that were new experiences for me last week.

I visited A-Town (America Town), now known as the International Cultural Village. It's got about 20 bars filled with imagrant workers that we affectionately call Juicies. I got to sit down with one with a few friends, Chance somehow found out that she was a Christian and I wanted to ask her some questions. Here's how our conversation in broken English went.

Q:Where are you from?
A:The Phillipines

Q:What did you think you would do here when you got here?
A:Be a singer, that's what I did in the Philippines, I sang at weddings and played the guitar.

Q:Did you know you would be doing this? (hanging out in a bar everyday, if guys buy her drinks she gets $$, they definitely like to get close too)
A:No, I hate it, it's terrible.

Q:Why don't you leave?
A: I can't I have a legal contract for one year.

Q:When did you accept Christ as your Savior?
A:A few months before I came here.

Q:How can I pray for you?
A:Pray for endurance, that the next eight months would go by quickly.

Her name is Michelle, pray for her. A few of the guys are pretty excited there's a "new batch" of juicies coming from the Philippines on Friday, some of the guys are pretty excited. I might go down there just to see the look the young women's eyes as they realize what the next year of lives is going to be like. That should leave a pretty deep mark.

No comments:

Post a Comment